For most users, having the Google+ bookmarklet is sufficient to share interesting web-pages on their Google Plus stream. But what if you want to share web-pages to Google+ Pages that you own for your business, blog, or interest/hobby? Manually copying and pasting the URL to share on your G+ Page can be a time-consuming task. For blog owners or employees doing social marketing for the company, this can take up a big chunk of your time if you have to maintain several Google+ Pages.
On this post, we will cover how to
- Share any web-pages you want on your personal Google+ Profile
- Share any web-pages to your Google+ Pages
To create a simple bookmarklet to share on personal Google+ Profile
1. Create a bookmark on your browser (Chrome/Firefox recommended)
2) Edit the bookmark name and URL
3) Paste this code for the URL field:
How to share web-pages to Google+ Pages
The rise of Google+ seems to be limited by the number of extensions/add-ons being developed for it. Probably because G+ is making changes so fast that plugin developers are having a hard time catching up with it. If you noticed, about 1/2 of the available plugins are broken or with bugs because of Google+ constant updates. To my surprise, even a simple social media task such as sharing to a company/website Google+ Page is a chore.
Faced with this problem, I went hunting for a web tools that can do the job, and found Share on Google Plus Page (Chrome extension). Too bad there is only one. I hope to find more to review later on.
There are none for Firefox at the moment. If you find any, please tell me.
Using Share on Google Plus Page, you can update both your personal Google+ profile and your business/brand/product page.
This Chrome extension allows you enter up to 5 Google+ Pages that you owned. After installing, click on ‘Define my Google+ pages’ button to input your Google Plus Page Names & IDs. You only need to do this once. The ID is the string of digits at your Google+ Page URL.
To choose to share a web-page on your Google+ stream or any of your Pages, simply click and select from the drop-down box.
Latest posts by lincoln (see all)
- Twitter Search Operators for Geeks – Change the Way You Search - April 21, 2016
- How to Auto Publish from Instagram to WordPress Using Instagrate - April 19, 2016
- 20 Best Ways to Use Twitter Advanced Search to Find Leads - April 17, 2016