How to Setup 2 or more Dropbox Accounts (Solved)
It’s understandable why many are looking to setup multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer – with the increasing reliance on storing pictures and documents online for backup as well as sharing, some of us will be in need for extra space to store and sync documents with Dropbox (DB).
Mainly there are 3 groups of individuals who wants to setup multiple Dropbox accounts
- User who wants to overcome the free storage limit imposed by Dropbox
- Users who share a family computer/laptop
- Users who want to separate their work and personal life with 2 unique accounts
Adding a User Account on your Computer
Unless DB adds in the feature, there’s no way for you to do multiple installations on one computer. Neither can you link another Dropbox account to your existing one, however you can setup another User Account on your PC, and do a new installation of Dropbox on that account.
Below are the steps for those who are novice with adding accounts. Basically you can create multiple users for multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer/laptop/mac.
1. First go to your Control Panel, the choose “User Accounts”.
2. Then click “Manage another account”.
3. Put in the user name you want (e.g. John Works, John Personal)
4. After that switch to your new account, and do a fresh installation of Dropbox. I’m using Windows Vista, so your interface may be different from mine.
5. Start the Dropbox installation. It’s pretty straight forward and self-explainatory.
Another tip: you can share and transfer files between your user accounts, by sharing the Dropbox folders.
If you want to give me extra space, you can click on my referral link here :)
Latest posts by lincoln (see all)
- Twitter Search Operators for Geeks – Change the Way You Search - April 21, 2016
- How to Auto Publish from Instagram to WordPress Using Instagrate - April 19, 2016
- 20 Best Ways to Use Twitter Advanced Search to Find Leads - April 17, 2016