Mass Update Twitter Nicks for Your iOS Contacts
I got no idea why I wasn’t using this feature on my iPhone. In fact, I didn’t even know that it was possible. If you are a Twitter fan, and have many real-life friends on Twitter, you may want to update their Twitter usernames on your iPhone. This makes it easier to communicate with them via Twitter, since more often than not, their username is very different from their actual names.
For this to work, Twitter needs to access and use the phone numbers and email addresses from your contacts to do matching before it can provide you with their Twitter username.
The steps to bulk update your contacts with their Twitter usernames is pretty straight forward.
- Go to Settings app.
- Scroll down, look for Twitter and tap on it.
- Next tap on the Update Contacts link.
That’s it :)
The guide works for iPad too.
Always having difficulties fitting into the 140 characters limit? Check out our most visited post on 100 popular and commonly used abbreviations on Twitter.
Latest posts by lincoln (see all)
- Twitter Search Operators for Geeks – Change the Way You Search - April 21, 2016
- How to Auto Publish from Instagram to WordPress Using Instagrate - April 19, 2016
- 20 Best Ways to Use Twitter Advanced Search to Find Leads - April 17, 2016